MUDD Grout With Clout extended information:
Varies according to tile size and joint width:
Tile Size Joint Width Approx. Coverage
200 x 300 x 7mm 2mm 0.20 kg/m²
300 x 600 x 10mm 5mm 0.42kg/m²
For the perfect finish use with MUDD THE FINISHER silicone sealant available in matching colours.
MUDD GROUT WITH CLOUT is a water and frost-resistant powder-based grout suitable for use with both wall and floor tiles. Ideal for grouting ceramic, porcelain, and mosaic tiles in interior and exterior locations including power showers (without body jets) and swimming pools. The flexible nature of the product reduces the risk of cracking, leaving a super smooth but hard wearing finish without patchiness or surface discolouration. Also suitable for use with brick slips, refer to MUDD Technical Department for advice. For the perfect finish use with MUDD THE FINISHER silicone sealant, available in matching colours.
Ensure that the tile adhesive has fully set and dried prior to grouting. With impervious or low porosity surfaces or if a ready mixed adhesive has been used, leave at least 3 days to dry before grouting. Clean out all loose debris from the joints. Do not grout in temperatures less than 5oC or in damp conditions. MUDD GROUT WITH CLOUT is temperature resistant up to 100 oC
Mix in the ratio of approx. 3.5 parts powder to 1 part water by volume. Slowly add the powder to clean, cold water and mix thoroughly until a smooth paste is obtained. Only mix enough grout for 45 minutes working time (at 20oC). No further water should be added after the original mixing. For surfaces such as single layer timber floors, wall and floor areas subjected to movement or areas with great demands such as power showers with body jets, MUDD THE STRENGTHENER diluted 1:2 by volume with water should be incorporated.
- Work in small areas. Completely fill the tile joints with the aid of a rubber squeegee or grout float and compact well. Excess grout should be removed as work proceeds.
- Allow about 15 minutes for the grout to dry sufficiently before cleaning off any excess with a damp sponge and working in a diagonal motion. Rinse the sponge out frequently with clean water. Polish the tiles with a clean, dry cloth when the grout is sufficiently set.
- Tiles can be subject to normal conditions after a minimum of 24 hours. When grouting external areas, protect during and for a minimum of 24 hours after application.
- Swimming pools should not be filled for at least 3 weeks after completion of tiling.
- Showers should not be used for at least 2 weeks after completion of tiling.
- After grouting underfloor heating should not be turned back on for a minimum of 10 days.
When grouting tiles with a matt glaze, porous stone or textured surface it is advisable to check a test tile. Care must be taken with soft glazed, highly polished and metal décor tiles due to the potential for scratching the face of the tile. Check to ensure that the mixed pigmented grout does not stain the face of the tile. If in doubt, test a small area prior to grouting. It may be necessary to use a protective sealer prior to grouting. This product is water resistant but not impervious to water.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
This product must be stored in unopened packaging, clear of the ground in cool dry conditions and away from excessive draught. If stored correctly the shelf life of this product is 12 months.