MUDD Dam It extended information:
Coverage: 1 x 5kg Kit covers approx. 2.7m2 – 3.15m2
MUDD DAM IT has been especially designed to make the job of waterproofing a shower area quick and easy. Used prior to fixing wall tiles, the kit ensures a watertight barrier preventing water penetration into water sensitive backgrounds such as plasterboard and may be applied to wall angles, corners, around pipe penetrations and structural fixtures. Waterproofing is strongly recommended prior to tiling in shower areas to ensure no water penetrates through to the wall and floor surface. This product is available in 5kg.
MUDD DAM IT is suitable for use on a wide variety of surfaces including: concrete, cement:sand rendering, plaster, plasterboard, sand:cement screeds tile backer boards and moisture stable timber boards. Although designed for use with domestic showers it can also be used in other areas which require waterproofing.
It is not recommended for use outside, in conditions of total water immersion e.g. pools, tanks or as a barrier to prevent ingress of water from the background, i.e. not designed as a damp proof membrane. It does not provide a wearing surface and must be used in conjunction with tiling.
This bucket contains: 500ml of PRIMER ( PRIME TIME ), 4.5kg of WATERPROOF COATING, 100mm x 10m of CORNER TAPE and 1m x 1m of POLYESTER MATTING.
Surfaces must be sound, dry, clean, sufficiently flat and free from dust, grease and other contamination. Any voids or gaps should be filled with suitable filler or sealant and allowed to dry. Cracks up to 1.5mm may be bridged with the enclosed CORNER TAPE and WATERPROOF COATING. The coating should not be used to level out irregularities.
If shower tray is already in place apply coating and tape from top level of tray. If waterproofing prior to the fitting of the shower tray apply coating and tape from floor level and across the floor if required.
1. Use a paint brush to apply the PRIMER to shower area walls to the full height and leave until touch dry.
2. Apply a layer of WATERPROOF COATING with a paint brush to wall areas requiring tape: internal and external corners of walls up to the height required, along the tray or floor junctions, upstands, columns, pipe penetrations and outlets and any other cracks or joints in the background.
3. Cut the CORNER TAPE to the required length and push into the wet layer of coating ensuring no voids are left beneath the tape. Form a continuous strip around the tray, slightly overlapping the shower tray.
4. To form the corner section cut halfway up the tape and fold down and around to form corner. Press into the wet layer of coating.
5. Apply a second layer of WATERPROOF COATING over the tape and remaining wall area up to the required height.
6. Apply the PRIMER to shower floor areas and leave until touch dry
7. Apply the WATERPROOF COATING to completely cover the floor area and overlapping any tape/ apply coating at wall to floor interface.
8. If required (e.g. timber floors or heavy duty areas). Press matting firmly into wet layer of coating – ensure air pockets are removed.
9. Apply second layer of WATEPROOF COATING over matting to achieve complete coverage.
10. Depending upon temperature, allow a minimum of 24 hours before applying a suitable tiling adhesive. Do not use below 5°C or above 30°C. Protect from frost.