Laticrete 254R Platinum Rapid more information:
|6 mm x 6mm notched trowel||6.7 - 8.0|
|6 mm x 9mm notched trowel||4.0 - 4.8|
|12 mm x 12mm notched trowel||3.3 - 3.8|
Laticrete 254R Platinum Rapid Working Properties:
|Open Time||30 mins|
|Pot Life||50 mins|
|Time to Grout||2 - 4 hrs|
|Time to Heavy Traffic||5 hrs|
- Exterior glue WBP plywood*
- Properly prepared vinyl*
- Cement mortar beds
- Non-water soluble cut-back adhesive*
- Existing ceramic tile
- Plastic laminate*
- Cement terrazzo
- Cement backer boards**
*Interior use only.
**Consult cement backer board manufacturer for specific installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use.
*** Sealed with 2 coats of NXT PRIMER
- Not for use directly over particle board, luan, Masonite® or hardwood floors.
- For veneer installations using this product, consult local building code requirements regarding limitations and installation system specifications.
- Wait 14 days after the final grouting period before filling water features with water at 70°F (21°C).
- Use LATAPOXY 300 Adhesive for installing green marble, resin backed, or water sensitive tile, stone and agglomerates.
- Adhesives/mastics, mortars and grouts for ceramic tile, pavers, brick and stone are not replacements for waterproofing membranes. When a waterproofing membrane is required, use a LATICRETE® HYDROBAN Waterproofing Membrane
Note: Surfaces must be structurally sound, stable and rigid enough to support ceramic/stone tile, thin brick and similar finishes. Substrate deflection under all live, dead and impact loads, including concentrated loads, must not exceed L/360 for thin bed ceramic tile/brick installations or L/480 for thin bed stone installations where L=span length (except where local building codes specify more stringent deflection requirements)
Consult MSDS for more safety information.
- Some marbles and other stones have low flexural strength and may not be suitable for installation over wood floors.
- During cold weather, protect finished work from traffic until fully cured.
- Use white mortar for white or light-colored stone.
- Contains portland cement and silica sand. May irritate eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes or prolonged contact with skin. In case of contact, flush thoroughly with water.
- DO NOT take internally. Silica sand may cause cancer or serious lung problems. Avoid breathing dust. Wear a respirator
in dusty areas.
- For green, resin backed and moisture sensitive stones and agglomerates, use LATAPOXY® 300 Adhesive (refer to Data Sheet 633.0).
- Keep out of reach of children.