Benfer Benferflex Rapido C2 FTE S1 Tile Adhesive further information
|Support||Tile Surface||Laying System||Trowel Type mm.||Consumption Kg/m2|
|Ext. floor||400||double gluing|
- Laying of rapid hardening porcelain stoneware, one-fired ceramic tiles and water stable natural stones on:
- Interior and exterior walls and floors
- Heavy duty areas
- Wooden surfaces subject to oscillation
- Heated screed with warming water system or electric system
- Cement-based screeds, standard or heated with water system or electric resistance
- Cement-based plaster
- Flexible waterproofing membranes made up of concrete and polymers (ACQUASHIELD-2KF)
- Concrete blocks
- Fluid cement-based screeds (prior application of an appropriate primer if demanded), standard or heated with water system or electric resistance
- Wooden boards
- Wooden substrates
- Old ceramic tiles (prior application of an appropriate primer if demanded)
- Standard or waterproof plasterboard
- Elastomeric waterproofing membranes (ACQUASHIELD-GEL)
- Internal floors with maximum length of longest tile side up to 360 cm
- External floors with maximum length of longest tile side up to 120 cm
- Internal walls with maximum length of longest tile side up to 360 cm
- External walls with maximum length of longest tile side up to 90 cm
Verify the limits of tile size according the type of coating and the substrate on the “selection guide” table.
METHOD OF USE:
The substrates must be solid, free from oil, grease and dust. Any paint-work must be in good condition, washed and degreased. If this is not the case, the paint must be removed. Do not use on gypsum, anhydrite. Do not use on plastics or metals. Absorbent substrates must be treated with BENFERPRIM. Do not use on substrates which are subject to rising damp. Wooden substrates must be solid, with an adequate thickness and firmly attached to the substrate, so that the deflection is minimized.
Mix BENFERFLEX RAPIDO Grey with 26% of water (5.2 litres of water for one 20 kg bag of powder), White 28% of water (5.6 litres of water for one 20 kg bag of powder) until the mixture has a uniform, gloss appearance and plastic consistency. The adhesive is now ready for use, and remains workable for approximately 30 minutes.
INTERIOR: Lay the tiles by applying sufficient pressure that there is at least 95-100% contact between tile and adhesive.
EXTERIORS: contact must be 100% so as to prevent the infiltration of rainwater, which in the event of frost, could cause the tiles to detach. You are therefore advised to spread a layer of BENFERFLEX RAPIDO on the back of the tiles too.
We recommend this method for interior tiling, in the following cases:
- Floor tile sizes exceeding 500 cm2 with tiles with absorption of less than or equal to 0.5% (e.g. porcelain tile)
- Floor tile sizes exceeding 1100 cm2 with other types of tile
- Wall tile sizes exceeding 120 cm2 with tiles with absorption of less than or equal to 0.5%(e.g. porcelain tile)
- Wall tile sizes exceeding 500 cm2 with other types of tile
- Special applications such as industrial cold rooms, baths, swimming pools etc.It is essential to leave a joint of at least 3 mm between each tile, and to ensure that the tiling conforms with the expansion joints of the structure to be elastically sealed, the joints between walls, and the joints between wall and floor. In any event, expansion joints or perimeter joints must be left about every 20 m2.
At 23°C and with 50% relative humidity, the open time of the mix is approximately 15 minutes. In unfavourable conditions, these times may be significantly reduced. You are therefore advised to spread the adhesive a little at a time and to check frequently that it has not formed a surface film before laying the tile. To improve workability, especially in the summer, it is beneficial to exclude draughts. In the first 12 hours after application, the adhesive does not withstand frost. Flooring installed using BENFERFLEX RAPIDO can be walked over cautiously after about 2-3 hours for the purpose of grouting, and full service after 3 days.
CLEANING: Tiling should be cleaned with a damp cloth or sponge when the adhesive has already started to set. Allow 24 hours after completion of tiling before cleaning with larger quantities of water.
PACKAGING: BENFERFLEX RAPIDO is packed in5 kg and 20 kg poly-lined bags, is supplied on pallets of 600 kg and 1,120 kg.
STORAGE: In the original unopened packaging in a dry and cool place.
SHELF LIFE: 12 months from the date printed on the packaging.
Benfer Benferflex Rapido C2 FTE S1 Tile Adhesive technical data
|Classification EN 12004:||C2 FTE S1|
|Basis:||Cement, aggregates, additives|
|Colour:||Grey and extra white|
|Apparent mass volume:||1.20 kg/dm3|
|Maximum grain size:||0.5 mm|
|Storage and Duration:||12 months in the original closed package in a cool dry place|
|Danger of toxicity:||No. The product may cause irritation to the eyes and skin due to presence of cement.|
|Mixture ratio:||White: 28 %,5.6 lt water/20 kg bag
Grey: 26 %,5.2 lt water/20 kg bag
|Density of paste:||1.65 kg/dm3|
|Application temperature:||From + 5°C to + 35°C|
|Pot Life:||30 minutes*|
|Open time:||30 minutes|
|Vertical sliding according to EN 1308:||< 0.5 mm|
|Maximum thickness application:||15 mm|
|Foot traffic:||2-3 hours|
|Full service:||3 days|
|Final hardening:||7 days|
|Adhesion (after 28 days):||> 1.0 N/mm2|
|Adhesion after warming:||> 1.0 N/mm2|
|Adhesion after water immersion:||> 1.0 N/mm2|
|Adhesion after frost-thaw cycles:||> 1.0 N/mm2|
|Deformability according EN 12004 :||2.5 mm|
|Temperature resistance:||From -30° C to +90° C, * at 23°C and 50% relative humidity|